Sunday, January 26, 2014
Challenges are opportunities for lessons and those are simply delayed blessings. #faith #focus #godfirst
Monday, September 23, 2013
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Have you ever seen a construction site? It's not pretty - there is dirt, debris, nails and tools everywhere.
It might be your own house under construction but you cannot LIVE there yet. The construction is not complete.
A Caterpillar is a Butterfly under construction. People may have looked down on that poor little crawling worm. People may have written you off as a worthless, useless worm that won't amount to much in life. Little do people know that the greatest transformation starts inside where no one can see.
When God is done with him that crawling worm will fly in the sky with beautiful wings for the while world to admire.
Transformation is change on the inside. Don't underestimate the importance of small changes in your life. Don't despise small victories in your life. One day all of the change inside will be manifested outside.
Transformation is God revealing to the world what he was doing under the covers.
All the change, all the lessons, all the failures, all the pain, all the joys, all the ups and all the down will one day be weaved into a beautiful tapestry of butterfly wings that will amaze this World.
So be patient as God is weaving a beautiful wing for you . Ignore the naysayers and the world that despises and rejects you. Don't try to win their approval as the best worm in town. Focus on the change inside.
Butterflies, Babies, Diamonds, Gold and Pearls have one thing in common- they were all formed and shaped in secret,away from the human eyes.
So focus on the change inside and wait for the completed work of transformation inside.
The most important part of any building is its foundation that's under ground. If a foundation is cracked the building in condemned.
The most important part of a man is the character inside not the exterior.
If the character is flawed all the decorations outside is meaningless.
Have a great day : )
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
FINISHING is what WINNERS do!
FINISHING what you BEGIN, or DISCHARGING DUTIES until COMPLETELY CONCLUDED, is the DISCIPLINE of DETERMINATION.
The GREATEST example of FINISHING that I know of is found in John 19:30.
JESUS said... "It is finished."
These are POWERFUL words, when you consider that they were His very last words.
He ACCOMPLISHED ALL that He was divinely appointed to FULFILL. He left nothing undone.
But note something IMPORTANT here... His words are those of VICTORY... not of DEFEAT.
Having a VICTORY MINDSET is the key to FINISHING.
FINISHING is the CROWNING ACHIEVEMENT.
Finishing is what separates the WINNERS from the losers.
Here are 11 SIMPLE STRATEGIES for FINISHING:
1. COMMIT COMPLETELY. HALF HEARTED HANDIWORK HAMPERS HAPPY HARVESTS.
2. DECREE DEADLINES. This INCREASES INCENTIVES to OBTAIN OBJECTIVES.
3. FIRM FOCUS. AVERTING ATTENTION and ALLOWING ABSTRACTION is what SERIOUSLY STIFLES SUCCESS.
4. MAXIMIZE MOMENTUM. This is the way you GAIN GREATER GROUND. Keep the BALL BOUNCING.
5. ORGANIZE OBJECTIVES. What OUTCOMES do you EVENTUALLY EXPECT? What TIME TABLE are you operating?
6. PATIENTLY PERSIST. As you've undoubtedly heard since childhood... SLOW and STEADY WINS the RACE. Ecclesiastes 7:8 tells us, "Better is the end of a thing than the beginning, and the PATIENT in spirit is better than the proud in spirit."
7. REMAIN REALISTIC. Biting off more than you can chew will only leave you choking on regret.
8. SEEK SOLUTIONS. An OBJECTIVE ORIENTED mindset is SUPERIOR to wasting time on a FAULT FINDING FRENZY.
9. SET SCHEDULE. STICK to your REGULAR ROUTINES. You're likely to OVERLOOK OBJECTIVES if you're playing HOPSCOTCH with your TIME TABLE.
10. STAY SHARP. Keep your ENERGY ELEVATED by EXERCISING EVERYDAY and RESTING REGULARLY.
11. WORK WISELY... DILIGENTLY DIVIDING DUTIES into ACHIEVABLE ASSIGNMENTS.
KEEP your EYES on the PRIZE.
If you follow these PRINCIPLES, you'll be able to CLAIM your VICTORY.
You'll be able to say, "I've FINALLY FINISHED."
Finalizing Initiatives Now I Successfully Harness Inwardly Nurtured Gumption.
Place FINISHING STRONG on the TOP of your list of PRIORITIES.
Make TODAY your day to SOAR... Spiritually Overcome All Roadblocks.
EUREKA! I have the SOLUTION!
Today, I would like to talk about the SOLUTION to a PROBLEM that is PERSISTENT and PREVALENT for many people, that of NEGATIVE THINKING. In fact, I have DISCOVERED the SOLUTION to any NEGATIVE situation, which I will reveal shortly.
Many people are predisposed to NEGATIVE THINKING. Some people have a very narrow FOCUS and cannot see or IMAGINE their LIFE BEING anything DIFFERENT than what they already know and experience.
I recently watched a program about a woman with Munchausen Syndrome. She was in the Emergency room of a hospital, insisting that she had a litany of ailments. While her complaints were imaginary, the illness of the syndrome was real. She did this to have ATTENTION lavished upon her.
The main PROBLEM with NEGATIVE THINKING is that you put your HEALTH at RISK. By brooding, dwelling, ruminating on the deficiencies, imperfections and weaknesses in your life, you continually allow harmful chemicals into your bloodstream.
Another problem with NEGATIVE THINKING is that it generates more NEGATIVE THINKING. It is a downward spiral. This further decreases and diminishes one's already low self-esteem. NEGATIVE THINKING literally causes you physical illness.
WHAT is the SOLUTION to any NEGATIVE situation?
The ANSWER lies in the acronym I have created for the word ANSWER:
~ A Negative Situation Wisely Experiencing Reversal ~.
Here are 7 SIMPLE SOLUTIONS to help you OVERCOME all NEGATIVE THINKING:
1. BE CREATIVE. Find ways to turn negatives into POSITIVES. Making a game of it not only brings an element of FUN, it also helps you to REALIZE just how silly some of your paradigms and preconceived notions are. Once you poke fun at them, it is easier to undergo CHANGE.
2. CHANGE your FOCUS. Ask yourself this: What REWARDS will I receive if I FOCUS on the POSITIVE? For starters... you will likely gain a POSITIVE ATTITUDE, have greater APPROACHABILITY, and possess greater CONFIDENCE. DELIBERATELY FOCUS on things that are GOOD, NOBLE, PURE and WORTHY.
3. CHANGE your OUTLOOK. INTENTIONALLY look to the POSITIVE side of a situation. EXPECT a POSITIVE OUTCOME. FOCUS on SOLUTIONS. Look to your own ADEQUACY, ABILITIES and STRENGTHS.
4. CHANGE your PARADIGMS. UNDERSTAND WHY you BELIEVE as you do. You may have accepted things into your belief system that are holding you back.
5. CHANGE your VOCABULARY. Pay close ATTENTION to your self-talk. REMOVE words of negativity and REPLACE them with healthier, more POSITIVE words. If you say, "I can't"... replace CANT with Cancel All Negative Thinking.
6. REMEMBER to BE PATIENT: All CHANGE in your life is a PROCESS. BEING PATIENT with yourself is conducive to PERSONAL GROWTH.
7. RESOLVE to BE POSITIVE. Without a SOLUTION, there is no RESOLUTION. You have the ANSWER.
CHANGING your MINDSET can literally CHANGE your LIFE!
Strategically Overcoming Life's Uncertainties Through Inverting Our Negativity.
BE the SOLUTION!
Have a WORK-to-WIN Wednesday, friends.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
WE is the first word in WELCOME.
WE INVITES relationship, it say's I can't do this alone, I need you.
Without WE, there would be extremes but nothing betWEen, questions but no ansWErs... LEADERS with no empoWErment, and no folloWErs.
WE adds a whole lot of BEAUTY to LIFE. Without WE there would be no aWE, no sWEethearts, no wildfloWErs.
If WE were a number, it would represent anywhere from 2 to over 7 billion.
WE is both EXCLUSIVE and INCLUSIVE.
It is BOTH of us, PRIVATELY and PERSONALLY... AND it is ALL of us TOGETHER.
LEADERS know that WE stands for WHAT ELSE?
WHAT ELSE can you do to:
~ ADD VALUE to OTHERS?
~ BE more EFFECTIVE?
~ MAKE a REAL DIFFERENCE?
~ SERVE others?
LEADERS also know that WE means... WINNING EFFECTIVELY
WE is... Welcoming Everyone
WE are amazing TOGETHER. Have a Wonderfully Welcoming Wednesday, friends!
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
When making a FINANCIAL INVESTMENT, you need to CONSIDER such questions as:
~ What kind of RISK is INVOLVED?
~ What kind of ROI (RETURN on INVESTMENT) do you EXPECT?
~ What are your GOALS?
~ How much TIME is REQUIRED?
In my post a few days ago about MONEY… I related that you cannot buy HAPPINESS because it is a state of BEING.
I BELIEVE there is a far SUPERIOR INVESTMENT to MONEY that REQUIRES equal CONSIDERATION. The answer: RELATIONSHIP BUILDING!
Let’s look at the ANSWERS those same questions from that PERSPECTIVE:
~ What kind of RISK is INVOLVED?
The kind of RISK that says…R)EAL I)NTIMACY S)EEKS K)INSHIP.
~ What kind of ROI do you EXPECT?
It always pays GREAT INTEREST to BE LOVE TO OTHERS. The ROI is different too.
ROI means R)ADIUS O)F I)MPACT… and that is IMMEASURABLE.
~ What are your GOALS? To answer that, first ask “What are GOALS?”.
G)odly O)bjectives A)ssure L)asting S)uccess.
~ How much TIME do you NEED? ALL day, EVERY day because LOVE is TIMELESS.
NEED means… N)icely E)xceed E)xpectations D)aily.
Therefore, LOVE is the GREATEST INVESTMENT!
Intimacy Nicely Values Exchange Such That Measurements Exceed Noticing Time.
BUILD your PORTFOLIO. Keep INVESTING TIME and DEPOSITING LOVE!
Have a TREMENDOUS Tuesday, friends!